Do Chatbots Guarantee Exponential Growth for Futuristic Enterprises
New and exciting business communication channels are evolving to provide an improved customer experience and making life easier for consumers.
Chatbots are found everywhere, be it a social-media channel, websites or mobile apps. Use of chatbots is on the rise due to the enormous potential it can offer for business scalability and growth. Based on an industry report, chatbots have become the roots of the modern corporate world; facilitating sales-representation activities and customer-care operations and increasing the annual savings of businesses.
Use Cases & the Chatbot Ecosystem:
Chatbots are helping towards providing fundamental communications, e-commerce, travel plans etc.While still in its early stage, industry experts believe that chatbot revolution will take off and gain mainstream prominence in the near future. Enterprises are beginning to invest in the bot economy with several brands already implementing bots for messaging –
1) E-commerce industry: For the e-commerce business, chatbots improves customer personalization and engagement. Via smart and articulate assistance, bots attract purchases and increase the number of items in user’s shopping cart. As it reduces the activities of a customer service representative as well as sales associates, it gives a bigger opportunity for customer engagement and personalization. E.g. : Amazon’s chatbot called ‘Echo’ has completely transformed the paradigm of conversational commerce by straightforwardly answering shoppers’ queries
2) Messaging Apps: Messaging apps, could be a suitable platform to promote chatbots.
a. Facebook; which launched bots for its messenger platform in April 2016 gives the ability to developers to build bots for different types of content.
b. Skype also rolled out its Skypee Bot Platform few months backand now claims over 30,000 developers have started building bots.
c. Microsoft recently released ‘Tay’, a chatbot that discusses with Twitter users; being promoted as a new method of customer interaction.
3) Retail and travel organizations – Companies from KLM Airlines to Taco Bell, Sephora, Whole Foods and Expedia, among others, have all rolled out chat-bots to let users order food, book flights, inquire about services and browse online stores.
4) To-do bots, reminder bots and poll bots give enterprises an edge over other traditional methods of communication.
5) Meetings can be now easily scheduled by using zoom, Clara, x.ai and many more. Now, multiple meetings or conferences can be maintained with ease without any hassles.
Bots could also help futuristic and ambitious enterprises in automating a lot of mundane tasks, weed out inefficiencies, strengthen human abilities, and help employees focus on what really matters in accomplishing their goals and enhancing job satisfaction.
Some of the popular messaging app chatbots include:
a) IcelandAir: helps users to search and book flights.
b) Growbots: created the first all-in-one outbound sales platform.
c) Uber: you can order a taxi ride.
d) KIPS: assists in shopping
e) TryWarrenandAnd Co that aim at becoming business support systems for freelancers.
f) Burberry showcases its fashion during London Fashion Week.
g) Dominos and Taco Bell, for ordering food for home delivery.
h) HelloVote helps users register for vote
Bots for Enhanced Communication, Support & Decision-Making:
Bots bring the endless possibility to increase the conversations amongst enterprise communication apps with the intent to enhance user experience. Via artificial intelligence and deep learning, bots can help in customer acquisition and effective engagement and can further be trained over a period of time with self-training algorithms to give a delightful experience to customers. Moreover, open API developer platform will give enterprises the ability to build their own apps and chatbots.
Although chatbot technology is still at a nascent stage, there is a hype that there will be a paradigm shift from app to bots as has happened from desktop apps to browser apps and browser apps to mobile apps.
The most anticipated course for the future will probably be the overlap of Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing and Bots Platform that will bring a richer user experience, ease of use and functionality.
Open API developer platform will give enterprises the ability to build their own apps and chatbots. Gradually, this will create an entire ecosystem, a paradigm shift, allowing enterprises to create all the essential aspects of the work world around the app.
CONTRIBUTED BY – RASHMI MISHRA, VP – PRODUCTS, ACL MOBILE